“Because art is made of the same material as the social exchanges, it has a special place in the collective process. A work of art has a quality that sets it apart from other things produced by human activities. This quality is it’s (relative) social transparency.” (Bourriaud, 2002)
Founder of My Friendly Planet and CAS Artist Tina Sanchez is an art lecturer, artist practitioner and educationalist with over twenty-five years’ experience of working within Further and Higher Education, industries and non-traditional spaces. She embraces expertise and longstanding commitment with a high value on excellence and creativity to practice, education and research. Her interdisciplinary practice gears her towards participatory art and social exchanges, whilst promoting social, cultural exchange and dialogues between interactive partnerships.
I AM ME| The ICE Project YEAR TWO – Tina Sanchez/My Friendly Planet & Y Services LGBT Group.
I AM ME: My Creative Journey gave Y Services LGBT+ youth group an opportunity to explore, express, experience and exchange ideas and concepts of identity relating to the LGBT+ community. Young people’s mental health and emotional well-being were threads that ran through the meaningful relationships between young people and the medium of art. The group have experimented with wire work, collage, soap making and bead work to create a unique final installation. The project helped young people with their emerging sexual identity and gender identity. I am me, I am you, I am him, I am her, I am us, I am they, I am them, I am: I am.
More information on the ICE Project here
The ICE Project programme is a collaboration between Hampshire Cultural Trust and Hampshire Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service, provided by Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust.
‘GROWING’, was a young offender reflective and creative pilot project at HMP Winchester. The aim was ‘An invitation to explore the concepts of transformation, change and identity’. This collaborative project was developed between Petersfield Arts Society, HMP Winchester, HMPPS Psychology Services, CAS artists Tina Sanchez and Laurence Rushby and secured £10,000.00. The project is currently publicised in the Trinity College Arts Award publications.
For more information about GROWING here
- MA Fine Art
- BA(Hons) Education & PCET
- CERT ED & PCET
- CAS Artist
- My Friendly Planet Founder and Artist
- Arts Award Adviser
EXHIBITIONS & EVENTS:
- I AM ME | The ICE Project 2018/19
- The Secret Circle World Music Village Victorious 2018
- Rhythm Hub World Music Village Victorious 2018
- Bohemian Queen Boho Gear Workshops
- ‘Ten Pieces’- Harestock Primary School – 2018 – Lead Artist & Facilitator
- ‘Art Will Always Find Its Own Way to Exist’ Sculpture 2018 – Creative contribution to: the #tateexchange, #London on #Resistance, #collaborative mosaic at #tatemodern. – Silver, Recycled Iron & Bricks
- ‘GROWING’ HMP/YOI Winchester 2017
- ‘Ripple Rhythms’ Installation World Music Village Victorious 2017
- ‘Making of Albert Road’ Workshop – Albert Road Traders 2017
- ‘Voltaire Collection’ ORBEC, CALVADOS NORMANDY – 3-5 June 2016
- ‘POISE 6’ Southsea, Hampshire, England 2015
- ‘BREW HA! HA!MA MA’ Fine Art End of Year Show Eldon Building, Univeristy of Portsmouth, Hampshire, England 2015
- ‘INTERIM’ MA Fine Art Interim Show Eldon Building, Univeristy of Portsmouth, Hampshire, England 2015
- MA Fine Art Interim Show Eldon Building, Univeristy of Portsmouth, Hampshire, England 2014
- Atkinson Gallery, Millfield, Hampshire, England 2014
- MA Fine Art Interim Show Eldon Building, Hampshire, England 2013
Other Creative Misc.
- Highbury College Skills for Work Exhibition, Portsmouth, 2009 – Curator
- Graffiti Specs Lane Motivate Youth Project, Portsmouth, 2006 – Graffiti co-ordinator
- Paulsgrove Carnival, Paulsgrove, 2005 – Float coordinator designer, construction, and artist paint and props
London School of Samba, Notting Hill Carnival, 1997 – Dancing & dressmaker
- The Lords Mayor Show Portsmouth, 1996 – Float Coordinator designer, construction and artist paint and props
Mental Health Awareness Week, Winchester 1995 – Artist leader workshop & installation
- Café Citrus, Ace of Clubs Exhibition, Portsmouth, 1995 – Portsmouth MIND
- The Lords Mayor Show Portsmouth, 1994 – Float Coordinator designer, construction, artist paint and props
- Arts Connection 10 Anniversary, Portsmouth, 1995 – Artist leader
Fashion Show Polyvalente Emile Legault, St-Laurent, CA, 1987- Event coordinator, set designer and prop and model
- Fashion Show Gargouille, Montreal, 1986 – Event co-ordinator, set designer and props, and fashion coordinator
- Fashion Show PGL, Montreal, 1985 – Event coordinator, a set designer and props and model
- Gargouille Exhibition, Montreal, 1984 – Curator and exhibiting artist
- Spectrum, Fashion Show Tempo Topaz, Montreal 1982 – Model
- Sculpture Henri Bourassa Metro mural, Montreal – displayed since 1979 – Young artist